Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How can I keep an ice cream cake from melting on a 65 degree day at the park?

My kid really wants an ice cream cake for her birthday. The birthday party's at the park. We want to display the cake. It's gonna be a nice day. Dry ice? Suck it up and keep it in the cooler?How can I keep an ice cream cake from melting on a 65 degree day at the park?
the problem w/dry ice is that if a kid touches it, and they will, they will get hurt. I would freeze it almost solid. Then about 45 minutes before you are going to cut the cake, take it out of the cooler (keep it in the shade) to display it. Have fun and many happy birthday wishes to your daughter!How can I keep an ice cream cake from melting on a 65 degree day at the park?
Eat it fast!!!
Keep it on top of dry ice before you put it out. Don't let the kids near the dry ice. I am an ice cream cake decorator and I made one cake so cold with dry ice since I was worried about it melting that was so hard that I broke a knife on it. The trick is to put about a pound of the dry ice under it rather than over the cake. Cold goes down!!! Then let it sit out a bit. You'll have about 20 minutes. P.S. I've served them on 95 degree days so you have a lot of leeway. Have fun!
its gonna melt so eat it fast
Why not place it on a tray with ice?
Have someone deliver the cake to you at the park just when you're ready to serve it. It's the only way. No cooler and no amount of dry ice will keep an ice cream cake frozen the way it's supposed to be. You'll end up with a soggy mess.





Call someone when you're ready for it and have them bring it to you.
Get it out of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment