Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why is with the texture of ice cream these days?

It's not firm. It's all whipped and airy. It used to be you had to let ice cream sit on the counter to thaw a bit. Now you just scoop into it and it melts while your dishing it up. It doesn't even taste cold or creamy. It's icky.Why is with the texture of ice cream these days?
I was watching a food network program and they had a thing on ice cream and how it was made. They use a lot of air to whip it up so you can scoop it out. Go figure! Cheap the consumer again. What I do is look for the same size container like a pint and weight on a scale at the grocery or just put in my had and see which one is heavier. I have to remember it's my money not theirs. I ice cream not air. They can blow it out their ears.Why is with the texture of ice cream these days?
It all depends on the brand and other variables in the brand of ice cream that you buy....But in this particular case it sound like your freezer isn't COLD enough...and make sure that you keep the ice cream COLD on the way home from the store..You can look into the ice cream books at the library for more info...It also depends on how the ice cream is made and also what it is made out of. I hope this helps..
Try some Dreyer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. I think it might also be called Eddy's in some states. As long as you don't get the whipped option it's really good. You could also try going to a Cold Stone Creamery store. I love their ice cream and you can get anything you want mixed into it and either eat it there or get packed in a pint and take it home.
It is icky, but it depends on what brand of ice cream you buy - and how cold your freezer is. Is your freezer cold enough? Usually it's either way too firm or incredible creamy.
I dont like ice cream thats firm...my favorite ice cream company is COLD STONES. its so creamy and rich......i love banana with twix in it.
some do some don't.
buy haagen dazs its made with cream

No comments:

Post a Comment