Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ice Cream Day...Naval bootcamp?

My brother which is in the Navy said when he was in Great Lakes for boot during winter his D.I. hyped all the recruits for two weeks about ice cream day and when the day came the D.I. walked out with a single bowl of ice cream and told them to do exercises until the ice cream melted, which of course it didn't since Great Lakes is cold during the winter, but he said the reason his D.I. did this was to see how far his recruits would go, I find it funny that all the recruits were probably looking towards getting ice cream and then they found out they had to exercise, but it sounds way to far-fetched to me, is there any truth to this, did anyone get a D.I. that did that, or is my brother just pulling my leg?Ice Cream Day...Naval bootcamp?
You wouldn't believe some things they come up with. We had two females sneak and get a soda in the barracks after we were suppose to be in our 'racks' (of course off limits). Well they got caught, the DI bought them two sodas made them sit in front of us and we (the other 'shipmates') were made to exercise until THEY finished their sodas. You would think they would have guzzled the sodas...HA they have the nerve to take their time. There are many stories EACH person has to tell...they sound far fetched, but the more far fetched, usually the better...just gives other things to add to their list of 'torture'.Ice Cream Day...Naval bootcamp?
sounds like a stunt a DI would pull just to get some xtra effort out of everyone, but i went to boot in San Diego, so it would have melted in a heartbeat~!
Yes, it's real and they still do that one.





If recruits really mess up, the D.I. might tell them that they 'need to make it rain', and they'll PT them in their barracks to the point that condensation forms on the ceiling.
Lol, that is nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment