Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Night cream causes face to oil the next day, even after washing.?

Have you ever experienced this? The reason I don't like to apply face moisturiser is that no matter what form it takes (gel, lotion, cream), my face becomes oily and my powder foundation doesn't sit well on my face. As a result, I constantly retouch as it gets oily so fast. When I apply the cream only before bedtime, my face still gets oily next day even after I've already washed it and make-up doesn't stick. This does not happen if I totally abstain from using any face moisturiser. Have you had this experience? What steps did you take? I cannot not take care of my skin :-(Night cream causes face to oil the next day, even after washing.?
Hiya.


Had a similar problem, and night cream is very important to me as well.


What I did was wash my face as soon as I got up in the morning.


Then leave it while I'm having breakfast etc In this short time it seemed to get very oily very quickly.( I guess it's excess oil coming out of the pores)


Then last thing before I leave is wash it again (it gives of less oil the second time) and use a mattifying cream. (I use Shine Free by Garnier, but there are loads out there)


You're doing the right thing by using powder foundation.(Loreal has one that has Salicylic acid in, that helps with excess shine)


But try this technique, it works for me.


Good luck.Night cream causes face to oil the next day, even after washing.?
When you get in your 20's u should find some kind of cream to wear. This is to help slow down the age process.There are lotions for the face that aren't oily.They usually say non oily. If your in your 20's then u need to use it.If not just at night. When you get older you will thank yourself.
Yeah this happens a lot. Well, what I try to do, its limited putting face cremes or moisturizers all over my face. I try to just focus on the areas that will need it most in the future.





Try to just put the moisturizing lotion around your eyes.


You need to take care of that area, so make sure it is well hydrated.
maybe your face cream has oil in it i use oil free face cream and its very rare that i get oily skin the next morning i have fairly normal skin btw. hope it helps
first of all u need to wash ur face dont be lazy, u have extreme oily skin that means even overnight the cream not absorbed till the morning avoid moistutisers use cucumber instead before going to bed take a slice and rub gently it will be great and as you said summer it will act as a cooling agent too u can do this anytime during the day it will also absorb excess oil try using moisturiser in winters instead...and use a oil balance exfoliating face wash.
I have to ask if you're using a proper astringent before applying moisturizer. It also sounds like in this time in your life, you have a oily to very oily complexion, so perhaps extra moisturization right now isn't necessary.





Please remember that moisturization isn't a daily task. You have to play it by ear depending on your activity level, sun exposure, and time of the year. To keep the same routine for 365 days is just crazy.





As we go into the drier winter months, we'll need to moisturize more. Perhaps in the summer, you didn't require any additional moisturization than your body provided you.





Good luck.
Oil Control Lotion. That will help! I know, I use it too.


www.marykay.com/aubryzimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment