Friday, January 8, 2010

Is whipped cream the modern day parsley?

Indeed it is. It is a beautiful garnish on any plate, and is delicious in tabbouleh.Is whipped cream the modern day parsley?
You know what? This isn't even a funny question. It is a dead serious question.





As a person who HATES AND LOATHES whipped cream, I am very sensitive to it's presence.





And let me tell you, they put it on EVERYTHING now. I have to be careful to always say NO WHIPPED CREAM. And then they sometimes still forget and put it on there and once it is on you can't get it all back off again.





I went to a restaurant recently and ordered flan and they brought it covered with the stuff. Why? It has no business being there.





Stupid fools. And their other food was bad too dumb-butts.





Anyway, yes it is the modern day garnish/parsley.Is whipped cream the modern day parsley?
No, as a chef I don't think so. Not in an age where we are all getting away from fatty garnishes in our dishes.





In fact I'd say that basil is the modern day parsley. I even had vanilla ice cream with basil syrup.
Whippe cream : desserts :: parley : entrees.
No. I don't use whipped cream on my spaghetti.
Um - NO
  • wedding makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment